Monday, October 18, 2010

Hand Quilting

Long term ...and I mean long...These vintage Dresden Plate pieces were given to me 28 years ago in Oklahoma.  

Vintage Dresden Plate


I appliqued them on to background squares and didn't get back to them until I started quilting seven years ago.  The green material is a faux border, until I finish quilting the center.  

9 Plates
 Marked for quilting



The border is a surprise, see idea below.  It is fun!



Hand piecing six pointed stars. Started on trip to Portugal.  Fabric is South African indigo.

Diamonds are pieced together in pairs.
Pairs are joined to make a star

These are the finished stars.  Still working on rest of design. 
Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see pictures of the dolls that these are based off of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I get the quilt finished you'll get the full show.

    ReplyDelete